Preparing your car for Hurricane Season
Take these simple steps to protect your car in a Hurricane:
- Make sure your gas tank is full and your battery is charged.
- Check your car’s oil, wipers and tires.
- Take photos of your vehicle inside and out before a storm hits to make it easier to file any damage claims.
- Have a go-bag ready with essentials and keep it in a waterproof container or bag in your car.
- Protecting your car from a hurricane typically involves sheltering it from high winds and water by parking your car in a garage if possible. If you don’t have a garage, consider parking your car close to a building which can offer at least partial protection from high winds.
- Avoid parking under trees or power lines that can be blown down.